Make figures with polymer clay rings and cans
Today I bring a new mini-tutorial for which we need very few materials and also recycle things
So we can put to work immediately because we have everything on hand.
I leave the summary of the tutorial in pictures and I’ll explain step by step so you do not miss:
Nice, right? Come with step by step:
1. The first thing you need in addition to polymer clay of various colors are rings of cans.
The soda can we are worth because they are too small
(unless you’re an expert miniaturist, which I am not even remotely, I need a good dose of patience)
2. We put the ring on a sheet of polymer clay and press with your finger
3. Cut around the shape with a punch or a cutter, and had his finger on the sides to remove imperfections.
In the end, I decided to make an ornament wavelet everything around with the same tool (you’ll see in the photo of the finished work)
4. We do a ball to the face of our figure and crush with your finger. It should be roughly the size of the top of the ring
5. We put hair
6. We make the details of the face (eyes and mouth) with black and red clay
7. And give color in her cheeks with chalk powder or cake with a little blush and using a fine brush
8. We put the head in place
9. With a larger ball do the body
10. We dress details. In this case, I made a kokeshi or Japanese doll,
But you can make the kind of doll you want and decorate it to your liking.
It’s time to bake. We put our doll in the oven about 20 minutes at about 120 degrees Celsius.
Remember that the cooking temperature can vary by brand of polymer clay that we use.
Check the directions on the package.
11. Finally, we hit a snap from behind with a little clay and return to pan.
If you do not like brooches, you can make these dolls as pendants, key chains, ornaments tiaras, etc.¡¡¡ The possibilities are endless !!! And so is our finished work:
You see, polymer clay rings I’m not limited to a single model figure, also made a type matryoshka and a blue cat (my weakness …).
And that in a while, if I’m a little more, do not know how many different models they could have left me: chicks, rabbits, baby …