A costume party or a children’s morning party is already on your nose, but the costume you did not come up with? Then look at this simple and budgetary option – a bright, lush skirt of … disposable tablecloths.
Materials and tools:
disposable tablecloths – 2-4 pcs;
linen gum – according to the size of the waist + ties;
needle and thread;
a safety pin – 1 pc;
The process is step by step.
1. We unfold one tablecloth and add it twice, along with the short side, slightly not reaching the edge, as shown in the photo.
2. Then add it again, just a couple of centimeters without reaching the edge (in the video this process is shown a little more clearly).
It is precisely from these layers that our skirt will consist – two thin light lower layers and a double upper one with a neat edge-fold.
3. Sewing pins fix the position of the layers in the area of the upper fold so that they do not move anywhere.
4. We sweep the needle and thread with the most simple stitches, retreating from the folding point of about 1.5-2 centimeters, depending on the width of your rubber band. Now you can remove the pins
5. We take a linen gum and fix on the end an English pin or a paper clip. We put the elastic band in the waistband of the skirt and pin its loose end with a pin so that it does not get pulled in.
6. We prepare three more exactly the same details. You can do less if you need a less sumptuous skirt.
7. As well as the first detail, we string them all on an elastic band (I tied a rubber band, as I tried on a skirt on the waist).
8. The second end of the rubber band is also fixed with the edge of the pin.
9. Next, it will be necessary to combine all the four details of the skirt layer by layer. I’ll do it with a glue gun (do not throw tomatoes at me, still skirt at once). You can of course sew, but it will be longer.
First the lowest tier.
Then the middle one.
And finally the upper one.
Although, if time is running out, you can limit yourself to one tier. For example, glue only the upper skirt, and leave the modules as they are.
10. In principle, the skirt is already ready, but I decided to add more “pumpkin” to it and pick up the top skirt a little from below, laying around the whole perimeter of the upper tier a small neat crease. But it was possible to do without them.
11. Then I pulled out the pins and tied the elastic band around my waist. A knot decided to disguise a volumetric bow of the same material, which, incidentally, remained after the manufacture of such a pumpkin-pillows (see MC), which you already saw in the background.
That’s all! Our bright and very effective skirt are ready for any costume party!
Thank you for attention!