Here is the tutorial for making this Lantern
Material required – 40-50w bulb (small bulb), pliers/knife (any available to tool to clean the bulb), bottle cleaner, hard wire, clay (I used shipyard, but air dry clay or any other clay can also be used), Fevicol, Acrylic Colors, brushes
1. Take out the back portion of the bulb, with the help of pliers.
2. Clean the glass of bulb with bottle cleaner (optional )
3. Take a small piece of hard wire and fold it to make the shape of sides of the lantern. You will need heavy-duty scissors to cut the wire, I broke mine.
4. Take some clay and make the base of lantern fixing the wire inside it, shape for the wick, shape that would cover the bulb top and a curve shape for the handle. Color the wick part.
5. Fix the wick inside the bulb with fevicol. let it dry.
6. Cover the bulb top. Let everything dry completely.
7. Make any designs on the lantern shape (Optional).
8. Color everything, with your favorite colors. My father had a green Lantern, so i chose this color, childhood memories
9. Fix the bulb inside the lantern shape with fevicol.
10. Fix the handle, I broke my clay handle while fixing it, so I made the handle with a thin wire and colored it.
11. Decorate lantern with golden/sparkling colors (Optional).