How to make key chain “Paris” with macaroons from polymer clay
Well? Let’s start?
So, we need:
1. Polymer clay (I have white, red and green). You can have any that you like! Just remember that usually, macaroons are beautiful “zephyr” shades 🙂
2. Acrylic rolling pin.
3. The knife (blade) – in this case is not so necessary, but it is convenient to cut off a large piece of the necessary amount of clay and separate the plush of future cakes from the table.
4. Fimo gel.
5. Varnish for polymer clay (optional).
6. Formochka (I have a cap from some cosmetic product).
7. Food film or polyethylene bag.
9 Some kind of spatula for applying “cream” (you can get by with a toothpick).
10. Fittings for assembly (ring-key chain, rings, pins, beads, pendants).
11. Good mood!
1. I have macaroons will be pink and light green. Therefore I mix plastic White + green and white + red. Brightness you can easily change to your taste. Just first take a small piece of colored plastic. It is well pigmented, and you can always add color.
3. Roll one of the balls into a layer about 4 mm thick.
4. Cover with food film.
5. And cut out two circles.
The film allows you to make the edges of these cakes more streamlined.
The diameter of my mold is 2.5 cm.
Attention: the smaller the diameter of your mold, the thinner you need to roll out the layer.
6. Do the same with the green ball.
That’s what happened.
7. You can leave it that way, but I’m still loosening a bit on the edge of the needle to make a skirt.
9. Now put one small thin cake on one of the halves 🙂 Just to have the thickness of the future “cream”.
10. Now about the cream.
In order to make a cream, you need to combine the fimo-gel with plastic. The color of the cream will depend on the color of the plastic, as the fimo gel itself is transparent.
Pour in a glass container gel (about a teaspoon), plastic carefully kneaded in his hands and add small pieces to the gel. Very well, all this is kneaded with some kind of metal spatula (the handle of a teaspoon will perfectly suit).
How much to add plastics – it’s hard to say. Focus on the photo. A good “cream” should be homogeneous and slowly stretch.
This cream can be stored for a very, very long time! But in a glass jar with a lid. I have it for months. When it ends, I just add the gel and plastic to the same jar and stir again.
11. Apply the cream.
12. We connect halves. We put the macaroons one on the other and gently puncture the pin.
13. We send this design to the oven for 30 minutes (baking temperature 110 degrees).
While macaroons are baked, we prepare everything necessary for assembly.
At me, it here is such set.
So, half an hour passed. We take the workpiece from the oven, let it cool down and proceed to the coating with varnish.
I take care of the varnish and do not cover everything. Shining should only be what it should 🙂 In our case, it’s a cream.
That’s the cream and varnish.
Well, and then – pure creativity. It is necessary to connect all components with the help of rings and pins. This is elementary, so telling how it does not make any sense
And here is the result!
I hope that the master class will be useful to you.
Create with pleasure!