Life in light bulb
Our workshop is ready to share with you how to give a second life to the light bulb, while creating a unique and very interesting thing!
- Light (more socket, the better)
- Acute screwdriver or awl
- Glue “Poxipol” + glue “Super Moment”
- Tweezers (well, if medical)
- Small, but a long spoon
- Cotton Swabs
- Cork stand from IKEA
- + (Optional) Twine
- + (Optional) burlap
- Herbarium (dried leaves, berries, flowers, moss, bark, etc.)
- + (Optional) a small figure
We need a light. Size – a matter of taste. The most important thing – is to find a light bulb with most large cap, because we need to insert a lot of things inside, so the wider the input, the better. 1. Take a knife and cut the cap lamps as shown in the picture
2. Now take an awl (or screwdriver) and carefully break through the middle
3. Once we have all the standard – we clean the glass that fell inside the bulb. 4. Clippers cut the rough edges (seen in the photo) and we clean them with sandpaper
5. The bulb should be well within the rinse water and dry. Inside there should be no humidity! 6. Now we can start filling. Take a spoon and gently fall asleep into the sand. It should be done very carefully so as not flown on the sand wall lamps
Instead of sand, you can, by the way, to use anything: small stones, salt, beads, sequins and even spices. 7. Once filled sand, tweezers can embed our decorative elements (berries, twigs, etc.). If you want these elements were vertically, it is best to carefully glue them on the “Super Moment”
Hint: Think in advance, what, where and how will be located. This will help to avoid many mistakes.
As decoration already at this you can stop: you will have an interesting composition with dried herbarium inside. But you can add some small figures and recreate within the lifetime of the bulb! We did so and put the little fox plastic
8. Now you need to make a stand. We take our stand and draw a cork on her lap
9. knife cut the circle as shown in the photo. It is better to cut the line a little earlier, because cork tends to tear. Then we can trim all along the line is already on the board
10. We need to somehow “dignify” rough edges. We can paint them with a thick layer of acrylic paint or glue any fabric (felt good fit). We want to beautify our region twine wrapped around the stand.
Take the glue and put dots on the edges of the stand. Gently pulls the strings, fixed. That’s our stand ready!
11. Now we stuck to our lamp stand. In the center a little smear glue “Poxipol”. Strongly pressed a light bulb for a few minutes and put it on the table to dry.
Bonding occurs after 10 minutes. Finally, all dry and glue after 24 hours.
12. The last thing we need – cap. Close bulb breathe better material: tulle, mosquito net or simply mesh, burlap, etc. It is necessary then to the bulb does not fog up on the inside, because if there is even the slightest moisture formed (and it can be formed there, no matter how dry the whole bulb and decor), you will see a light bulb misted spots.
We took a piece of burlap, attach it and wrapped thread (at the edges of the burlap can walk glue and then they will not crumble). By wrapping, we glued on top of the thread twine
That’s it! That’s such a great curiosity we have turned out!
Room for imagination – so full! You can implement the most interesting ideas. Here, for example, our holiday option – a gift for Halloween