It’s how you look at the broken mirror: someone will remember about seven years of misfortune, but for someone a great joy and an occasion for creativity. What you choose? If the latter, then look carefully!
Something beautiful from the masters Only God Can Judge Me. And MC, of course!
Perhaps it is time to change the stereotypes. It breaks the mirror? So, to be the new panels! )))
Good night, my neighbors! ))))
In fact, the idea I had for a long time …. Once, I came across the work of the designer – Franco Bertozzini.
And the first thing I thought – God, what a beauty!
But then he stopped short: – How much? ($)
So, as usual, forgive me, Franco Bertozzini)))) I will try to do something like that myself.
So how suitable the mirror I did not, the last time I “sniff” out to me to take it ?!
And yet, I found! All have the same friends, in the production of furniture))) They have proved to be defective piece …… he did not want to be glued into place ………. and I was so just right
So, we need:
Plywood, rack wood, mirror, jig saw, screwdriver with a nozzle for grinding, sandpaper, hacksaw, screws, hammer, putty, PVA, nail polish remover, glue point “Crystal”, color black, building, nitrocellulose lacquer, old brooch (or something like)
In fact, the work is very simple: the Bay, so the glue! The main thing is to do everything carefully, that would not get hurt.
To begin with, Peel plywood rectangle measuring 45-60 cm.
Self-tapping screws to fasten the wooden slats in the back of the panels.
These are the holes on the front of us turned.
I breed a little putty with PVA ….. gloss over holes.
While the solution dries, you need to break the mirror. Here is the mirror I got. Its rear part of the whole in the adhesive and sealant …. but that’s okay, I even did not cleaned.
I pick up a hammer and smashed the mirror to pieces (to hell, prejudices)
When the solution has dried, sanded these places.
Primer “take a walk” across the surface of the plywood.
So, brush ….
After drying, the primed surface, paint the front and side panels, black color scheme.
I remember in 1999 or in 2000 I had a belt))))))) Of course, it is long gone ….. but buckle away I kept)))) For many years it kept, knew exactly what comes and its hour. And he did, come!
Hacksaw to saw off the excess parts.
Nitrovarnishes passers over the entire surface.
When the paint has dried, glued to the middle of the panel, the buckle.
I opt for the smallest fragments and also their pasting.
And so, row by row. Before gluing ….. I was laying out pieces on the panels, in a different order, and chose the best option …… only then glued, that would not make a mistake with the result.
So, all the pieces are glued, wipe each of them with cotton wool soaked in nail polish remover.
Then, I begin to fill in the gaps between the fragments nitrovarnish ….. thick. It should cover all end-part fragments that would be a panel was not traumatic.
Not sparing lacquer, fill in the void ….
The last, the largest fragments, on the perimeter, flooded glue “Crystal”.
However, when it dried up ….. it was covered with blisters ….. I do not really like it ….. but flatter myself that happened almost like a designer Franco Bertozzini …… he generally, all the panels in the bubbles)))))) But it does not look like “surprise”))))))) …….. generally, I think that it works, epoxy resin …… but I have, as always, it is not therefore use the means at hand)))
I decided to slightly “nose powder” my panels. Found in the bins silverfish ……
And a little sprinkled her … yet the varnish is not dry.
If somewhere paint got on the glass, then I cleaned it a small spatula and, again, wiped the splinter nail polish remover.
All panels ready. All photos presented below, I specifically made under different lighting ….. that would be understood as “playing” panel.