How to make purse using yarn
I wanted to make something out of left over yarn from my Yarn Monogram Wall Decor project. The yarn was in baby pink, hot pink and purple color. These colors were beautiful for some girl’s accessories. So I decided to make a purse. Few days back I had made a hand bag using bath tissue paper and people really loved the idea. In that project I came up with an easy way to make paper yarn out of toilet tissue paper and used braiding technique to make a hand bag. Lot of people asked me if the same bag can be made using a more durable material. Yes! This time I have used the same technique to make a hand bag using yarn which is robust and pretty at the same time!
- Yarn in 3 different colors
- Needle and thread
- Cloth for lining
- You can watch complete video of the procedure at the bottom of this post
- Cut 10 strands of yarn about 1.5 feet long in each of the three different colors
- Tie 10 strands together at one end. Three groups of strands should be formed in three different colors.
- Start braiding (interlacing) three groups of strands to form a tight plait.
- make six such plaits.
- Next step is to connect all these plaits to each other forming a sheet of plaits.
- Place two plaits next to each other and add around 10 stitches from top to bottom at equal distance. Every time you add a stitch, add a pearl bead in the stitch.
- Connect all the braids to each other.
- Next, keep the sheet of braids over a lining cloth
- Fold the sheet of braids in half by lifting the bottom side and putting it over the top side.
- Fold the lining cloth as well
- Attach lining cloth to the sheet of braids by hand stitching it on left right and top side.
- Once the lining is attached to the braids, stitch open sides on lining cloth on left and right.
- Turn the purse inside out and it is ready
Checkout the video of complete procedure:
Courtesy: Happiness is Crafting