How to make artificial snow – 20 recipes
Artificial snow can help you enjoy your time with your child, and is useful for a variety of crafts / handicrafts. How does it do to have enough budget and just? We have collected for you 20 different recipes artificial snow – try and share their experiences. Not all of them will be fully simulate snow – fluffy, soft, cool and smelling fresh. Here there is a “snowy” to draw and paint “the snow” Lizun and “snow” clay, and other interesting substance. But all of them are directly related to the snow and the kids will love. And if you need the “adult” versions for use in handicrafts – then skip to the second part (para 9 onwards)
How to make artificial snow
1. Shining snow
He turns cold, fluffy and very soft.
- Two boxes of corn starch / corn flour
- Shaving cream
- Peppermint extract (optional)
- Sequins or mica
2. Snow clay
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 and 1/2 cup cold water
- A few drops of peppermint extract
3. Snow “Lizun”
- 2 cups white glue
- 1.5 cups of hot water
Optional: a few drops of peppermint extract to give Lizunov frosty flavor
- Mix together in a small bowl
- In the second bowl, mix
- 3/4 teaspoon borax
- 1.3 cups of hot water
- Combine the contents of both bowls and stir in his hands for a few minutes until, until the mixture starts to pull.
4. Snow paint
- Shaving cream
- School PVA glue
- Peppermint extract
5. “Silk” snow
- Frozen white bars of soap (any brand)
- Cheese grater
- Peppermint extract
Method of preparation – send the soap in the freezer overnight. In the morning you can get one piece (Crystal used 6 bars) and rub on a grater. Will receive fluffy snow, which you can add glitter and mint extract. It is perfectly molded, and you can make a snowman or any other figure.
6. Snow dough
- Corn starch (frozen overnight to snow dough was cold)
- Lotion (in the refrigerator overnight to snow dough was cold)
7. “Liquid” snow.
- Frozen corn starch
- Ice water
- Peppermint extract
The starch, which you got from the freezer, add ice water until the desired consistency. It is recommended to add a little to “Snow” Do not get too liquid.
And if you have never done before non-Newtonian fluids, you can expect a surprise. Because the interaction with the active mass becomes harder and more viscous and flows alone.
This concludes with options on Crystal Andrevud snow, but still want to share a proven formula, perfectly suitable for children
8. Snow of shaving foam
- 1 can of shaving foam
- 1.5 packs of soda
- glitter (optional)
Squeeze out the contents of the bowl into a container with foam and gradually add baking soda. You get a very nice weight of snow, from which you can sculpt figures.
Now move on to the adult.
Recipes artificial snow
9. Snow polyethylene foam
- polyethylene foam (used as a packaging material for engineering, glass, inserts for shoes) or foam;
- Wear gloves. Ground into a grater or polyethylene foam and … Voila! Fluffy flakes you have around the house !!! If you add the glitter, the snow will still sparkle. This snow can priporoshit anything if you first lubricate the surface of the liquid (diluted with water) with white glue.
10. Snow of polymer clay
- the remains of the dried polymer clay (plastic).
- We needlewomen often stored the remains of polymer clay, which is a pity to throw away. It is very convenient to grind her hands, and then using a grinder. It turns out light and colorful (when using colored clay) snow, which you can use for decorating cards and other hand-made products.
11. Snow of baby diaper
- baby diaper.
To get snow, you need to:
1. Cut and remove the diaper of a sodium polyacrylate, then break into small pieces.
2. the mass is put into a container and cover with water. Pour slowly, in small portions, until the pieces polyacrylate will not resemble snow. Just do not overdo it, otherwise it will be too wet;
3. snow to look more realistic container in the refrigerator, but not in the freezer.
12. Rime of salt
- salt (preferably coarse)
Prepare a concentrated salt solution. To do this, fill the pot with a little water and set on low heat. Pour salt as long as it is no longer dissolve. Dipping branches of spruce, pine or any other plants in the hot solution and leave for a while. The formation of crystals is much faster in warm water! We give water to drain and leave the plant to dry for 4-5 hours. Sparkling frost is guaranteed! If you add a salty solution Zelenka, food dyes or inks, the frost will turn color!
13. Artificial snow to “snow globe”
- paraffin candles
It must grate. This “snow” is perfect for the manufacture of toys, “a la snow globe” when water is added to glycerin and artificial snow flakes. Capacity and sealed with shaking snow smoothly sinks.
You can really go and a simpler way – and add to a bowl of ordinary sequins. Get no less impressive.
14. Snow of the PVA and the floc
Flock – this is a very finely chopped pile. And if you’re lucky enough to find a flock of white packaging for sale – rejoice. For now, “snow” for any crafts you will be prepared in minutes. Generous enough to grease the surface with glue and sprinkle flock (possible through a strainer).
15. Snow of PVA and starch
- 2 tablespoons of starch
- 2 tablespoons PVA
- 2 tablespoons silver paint
- Stir (pound) ingredients.
This snow is suitable when you need to decorate the surface of the product the volume of white mass.
16. Weight simulating snow
- fine quartz sand or semolina or foam chips
- White acrylic
- thick PVA
1. In a bowl pour a small amount of your chosen material. Approximately 1 faceted glass.
2. Currently, the bulk material is beginning to gradually add white acrylic paint. The experience is best to buy it in a hardware store for facade work. Adding to the point that our loose particles stuck together but not swimming in liquid.
3. Then add PVA, preferably thick. Also adds quite a bit, that the mixture is elastic and stretchy.
4. Well, a little silver sequins. All the mix, and … everything !!!
Recipes edible “snow.”
17. Sugar Snow
- Dip edge of the glass (a glass) in water or a syrup, and then into sugar.
18. “Snow” plant
- gum arabic,
- egg white.
With these components, you can crystallize the plant (non-toxic and negorkie). Good taste have flowers pear, apple, cherry, rose, violet, primrose, lemon, begonias, carnations, gladioli, pansies. Beautiful and very fragrant obtained candied mint leaves, lemon balm, geranium. 12g of gum arabic dissolved with constant stirring in ¼ cup of hot water (water bath). The solution was cooled. Prepare the sugar syrup: 100 g sugar ¼ cup water. Too cool. At first brush plants cause gum arabic solution, and then the sugar syrup. Sprinkle with finely granulated sugar (not powder). Dry on parchment or vellum. This “snowy” beauty does not spoil in a few months. These flowers can decorate the birthday cake or your favorite small sweet pastries.
19. “Snow” plants – version 2
- egg white,
Beat the egg whites and sugar into a foam. Apply with a brush on the petals plants and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Put thus prepared plant on parchment and bake in the oven for a small fire. Two hours later you can enjoy the beauty!
20. salted “snow” meat
- a pinch of salt,
- egg whites.
Beat the egg whites and a pinch of salt in a cool foam using a mixer. This impromptu snow lay on the meat and send it in the oven! Miracles: chicken in a snowdrift!
I very much hope that these 20 different recipes artificial snow you could choose an appropriate one. All the ideas brought together a sea of ideas